Welcome to the Historic Furr House!
The Hubert and Ionia Furr House is located at 702 Desoto Avenue in Arkansas City (Desha County). Built in 1910 by local timber man Hubert Furr and wife, Ionia, the house was constructed in the Dutch Colonial Revival style. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2011, the home is also the only residence in Arkansas City that has face ornamental concrete block.Hubert Furr was born in Tennessee in 1875 and moved to Arkansas City in 1892. Furr was known as “the Hustling Real Estate and Timber Man of Desha County”; he seemed to be better versed in timber values than any other person in the county. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 5 Beautiful Bedrooms With Private Bathrooms
- Individually Controlled Heat and Air in Each Room
- High Speed Internet throughout the house
- Satellite Television by Dish Network
- $129 per night per room (2 night minimum)
- Ask about whole house rentals
- Call or text Rick 870-501-9279 or Sondra 501-226-7096